Thursday, June 26, 2008

Art Final: IM DONE!

these are the pieces I decided to hang

a close up of one of my screen prints and drawings

I used graphite paper to trace an image i had drawn onto the wall

this is a phocopy litho that I was experimenting with (alex you took this photo!)

the print on the left is a mezzotint and the one on the right is drypoint etching


So I'm finally done with school here in NZ!  Over the semester there were techniques I was required to do (drypoint, etching, full color screen print, litho . . .) and then the rest of the time I worked on pretty much whatever I wanted.  For my final presentation I selected my favorite works that I thought went well together and I had to show them in my studio.  The rest of the work I did was considered supporting work and it went on the floor in front of my wall space for the professors to look through (just like last time).

The tree screen prints that I selected were made by laying plants I found in the city on the screen and then exposing it.  I also wanted to display some blind contour drawings that I had done, but they could not be displayed as they were because they were pretty unfinished looking.  So I decided to trace them right onto the wall using graphite paper. I thought the effect was pretty interesting.

I wont receive my marks till later on in the summer, but I think I did pretty well. I really learned a lot, but I still think I prefer the style of teaching at home.  The professors are grading on creativity, experimentation, and skill, so I really tried to use a lot of different processes and experiment with materials and ways of creating images.  I am shipping my artwork home today, so hopefully it will get there soon!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com