Saturday, June 14, 2008

ALL BLACKS GAME!

ready for the game

emmas an england fan

all blacks vs england

score!

we were right on the field


I have to say I have never felt so a part of NZ as when I went to the All Blacks rugby game.   It was so exciting leaving our apartment with hordes of other students to make our way to Mt Eden stadium.  When we stepped out into the stadium we were amazed at how close our seats were!  We were only 5 rows back from the field!  Its cool here because the cheap seats are the closest because they are not undercover.  Therefore these seats become the student seats and definitely the most rowdy and fun place to sit in the crowd.  

The haka was definitely a highlight for me.  The All Blacks face the opposing team and and do a extremely intimidating traditional Maori dance and chant.  You should watch it and see what I mean: the haka

It was a pretty good game, the all blacks slowly got stronger as the game went on and they ended up beating England 37-20.  Another highlight of the game was getting to see 2 trys close up on our corner of the stands!  It was amazing! Hollin and Wade I wish you could have been there!  

I am happy to say my kiwi roommates said we did New Zealand proud that night. . . even if we are Americans :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that sounds like so much fun love! go go all blacks!