Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Wellington!

view of the city from zach's back porch

civic center where we visited the art gallery 

view from the top of Mt Victoria

we saw Second Hand Wedding (an independent Kiwi film) at the Embassy Theater where they premiered Return of the King!  they have plaques on each seat showing where everyone sat and I am sitting in Elijah Woods seat!



So I decided to go visit my UMBC friend Zach who is currently living New Zealand's capitol city, Wellington.  It's an incredibly beautiful place, it reminded me a little bit of Quito (the capitol of Ecuador) because of all the houses situated on hills.  Its probably the most people friendly city I've ever been to.  There are sculptures and installations everywhere and wherever you go there are places to sit and hang out or places for kids to play.  It's pretty much like a giant playground and there are really cool fountains everywhere!
Zach was pretty happy to see a familiar face and I was excited to introduce him to my new friend Jenny( who I went on my south island trip with).  We had a really good time and even fit in a few dorky lord of the rings excursions.  Id say Wellington is definitely one of my favorite New Zealand cities. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great city. It's fun travelin' with you on your blog!