Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Lake Taupo


This weekend was my easter break so I took a 5 day trip to Lake Taupo.  Me and three friends took a 4 hour bus ride to Taupo and stayed in a hostel called the Tiki Lodge.  The hostel was really nice and we met a lot of really cool people.  It was comforting to be around so many friends at Easter, it was kind of like a surrogate family:)  Here's what we did . . .






The first day we took a hike to Huka Falls.  This part of the Waikato river had incredible rapids, beautiful clear water, and even natural hot springs that you can lounge around or play in.    


The second day we decided to hike the Tongariro Crossing.  This is an all day 12 mile hike through the Tongariro National Park.  This park is home to Mt Ngauruhoe aka MT DOOM! from the Lord of the Ring movies.  We were a bit behind so we didnt actually get to do the sidetrack and climb Mt Ngauruhoe, but it was definitely an incredible sight.  It was a unique Easter experience.  ( more pictures to come . . .)




Finally, on the last day since our bus didn't come till 3:30 we decided to fit in one last activity . . . bungy jumping!! I know I said I wasn't going to do it, but something about New Zealand just makes you wanna jump off stuff!  I was terrified since well Im terrified of heights and I still cant believe I was able to face my fears and do it, but Im so glad I did!!  My jump was 47 meters or 154 ft! AHHHHHHH! ( check out my video^)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Awesome. I wish i could have done that. It looks like so much fun. You'll have to tell us about all of the cool things that you did when you get back. See ya cuz.

-Miller

Anonymous said...

TELL ME I DID NOT JUST SEE YOU JUMP OFF A CLIFF!!! JEEEZE! WHO ARE YOUUUUU?!?!?! Ah i wish i was there with you jilly! I can't believe all the things you are doing! What an accomplishment! Dad said he's gettin me a camera so i can talk to you soon on skipe! Can't wait! Love you~
<3 the sista

Anonymous said...

TELL ME I DID NOT JUST SEE YOU JUMP OFF A CLIFF!!! JEEEZE! WHO ARE YOUUUUU?!?!?! Ah i wish i was there with you jilly! I can't believe all the things you are doing! What an accomplishment! Dad said he's gettin me a camera so i can talk to you soon on skipe! Can't wait! Love you~
<3 the sista